UPDATE

I have stopped selling my cakes and creations for the time being to spend more quality time with my growing family. Whenever I need a creative outlet, a cake or two might emerge!

Enjoy the photos though!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Keith's 4th Birthday Cake

I took a long break from fondant making/decorating. I only started it for my dear son's birthday!!!!

We decided to make a train with carriages to share with his classmates.

I tried to include all his favourite characters.

First of all, a TRAIN!!!! He loves trains.  Whenever he gets the opportunity, he will ride a train.  Sometimes on his school break, he will ask his Ah Kong (grandfather) to bring him out and they will take trains the whole day long!!!  His Ah Kong is very nice to him and will try to let him ride all the different trains/lines; KTM Komuter, Kelana Jaya Line LRT, Ampang Line Starline and the KL Monorail.

The different views of his train cake. (Sorry the photos are not very nice or clear!)



A peek of the birthday boy peeking at his cake.



A close up of all his favourite characters; Elmo and Cookie Monster.

Of course...... the pigs from Angry Birds!

Larry and Bob from Veggie Tales (further in the background on the yellow train carriage. Larry is poking his head out from the carriage)

I didn't manage to take a close up picture of the Yellow Bird and it's nest from Angry Birds. But it's there in the background.

A different view of the Yellow Bird and a close up of the Red Bird from Angry Birds.


P.S. I've got to continue working with fondant.  A long break doesn't make for beautiful characters or fine work!!! Sigh!

0 comments: