UPDATE

I have stopped selling my cakes and creations for the time being to spend more quality time with my growing family. Whenever I need a creative outlet, a cake or two might emerge!

Enjoy the photos though!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad and Mum!

We recently celebrated my parents' birthday and being the baker in the family, it fell to me to make a cake for them.  As their birthdays are only one week apart, I did a cake representing both their hobbies.
I tried a new recipe; carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  As you can clearly see, I'm not that skilled in frosting cakes yet. I usually make unfrosted cakes or fondant covered cakes.

Anyway, my dad's hobby is gardening. He is actually very good in growing roses. Why did I make Fred Flintstone to represent dad?  Hee! Hee! I can't tell, it's a family joke.
My mum's favorite hobby is watching ...... ASTRO!  Notice the Astro controller firmly in her hand?!  She has Marge Simpson's hairstyle (not so extreme though) and she loves wearing pants so unfortunately, it looks a little bit like a man.  I had to include some flowers to highlight that it's actually a woman.
Happy Birthday Dad and Mum!

0 comments: